Thursday, August 2, 2012

My New Craft Room

I have been super excited to move into our new home.  As my husband would say the craft room was the most important room in the house.  I was a little picky with how it was designed and had to make sure things would fit where I wanted them to.  I think our builder and cabinet designer were a little scared for this room, but theY did a fabulous job.  I have most things put away although  I need to find some things to divide out my top skinny drawers to keep things in order so I will not show you the insides.  But here is my scrap space.  This is close to the entry of our home.  Just past the piano room or as we like to call it the "front room".  There is a little hall way before you get into my craft room.  It has built in cabinets that hold all of my extras and stuff I don't use all the time.  There is also a half bath so that when I hold classes there is a powder room near by.  These top two picture are taken from that hallway. 
First picture:  Compute area and album cases. 

Second: My blue island.  LOVE IT!  I had to add just a little splash of color.  This front side hold my sewing machine and extra stuff.  It over hangs on the front and two sides so we can pull stools right up to it for classes.  On the wall behind it starting backwards from the right is the wrapping zone.  The drawers below hold wrapping paper, ribbon, and bags.  Next is the Embellisment zone.  Holding all the embellishments most on the wall above: ribbon, buttons, brads and then the rest and retired in the drawers below it.

Third:   Right next to the embellisments is the Stamping Zone.  My custom ink holder on the wall holds the ink pads and refills.  Stamps fit in the drawers below.  The top drawer hold my clear blocks and specialty pads.  The corner unit hold my cardstock and cricut.  More storage below.  Finally you see my cutting zone.  My punches are held on the bygel rods from ikea.  Love that place.  The set of drawers all the way to the left hold Bigshot Stuff.  The next row holds retired punches, Cricut Cartridges, and vinyl.  The third set is two paper drawers the top has all sorts of stuff for now.  The bottom drawer hold all my Designer Series Paper. 

On the back side of my island is a bunch of drawers full of stuff I use all the time at the top and well a bunch of extras as you go down. 

I can't wait to get back to classes and share my space.  Happy Stampin'! 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Space!! I am now following you from SC!! Come by my blog and say Hi.

    Hugs
    Shirley Pumpkin
    www.lookatmycutestuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly beautiful! Can you show some pics of where you hold your classes? Your seating arrangement? This is just a dream come true! Congrats on your new space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I just moved in last week I have not held any classes in my new room yet. I will just hold them around my island though. I can seat about six stools around it. I just need to find some stools.

      Delete
  3. How exciting! I love it! I'm so happy for you! Hopefully I'll have some time to do some more classes this year!

    ReplyDelete